Monday, November 02, 2020

November 2 - Common Cuckoo in RI !

 

 Yesterday morning, Sunday, there was a report of a Common Cuckoo being seen at the Snake Den Farm in Rhode Island.  Ironically I was here just 5 weeks ago when visiting Greenwich, RI.  Unfortunately I got word of this sighting too late in the day.

This morning, Monday, I waited for a positive report and got one just about 07:30 am...so I immediately headed out on the 175-mile drive.  The morning traffic was thick and it took some time to get across the TZ Bridge (I commuted from Rockland to Westchester for 4 years of school, so I'll always refer to it as the TZ !)   but once in Connecticut, and especially north of New Haven the drive was just fine.

I arrived at 10:40 and immediately got on the bird !  The bird was very active to the delight of myself and the crowd there.  Every view you could want was provided.  Here's some pictures from another birder who was kind enough to share.

ABA Lower-48 Area Lifer # 670 !!