Saturday, August 06, 2011

August 6 - Beach Haven for the Hooded Crow

Since I missed out on the Hooded Crow when it was on Staten Island, NY in June, I took the fact that it had been re-found in Beach Haven, NJ as my second chance..and I did not want to miss it.  Fortunately I was able to see the bird after a half-hour or so of looking for it.

 This photo was taken by Sam Galick.




It was nice to see some long-time friends here too, and I enjoyed the beach walk with Ed B. of Bayonne.  As luck would have it I ran into him a bit later at Brigantine and got to spend more time with him while we took a drive on the auto-tour along with Jim Z. who regaled me with stories of his past rarity chases.  It always interesting for me to listen to those with more experiences than I do.
Unfortunately Brigantine did not yield any of it's recent rarities, so I'll have to hope that more roll in later this month!